Sunday, November 26, 2006

Umm .. Football?

Note to self: Do not watch the news, read the sports page or watch ESPN until mid-week. That may have been the most disgusting Giants game 4th Quarters I have ever seen. All I can say is this: What ever happened to “In the grasp!?” not only that, if Mathias Kiwanuka picks up that Young, he’d be called for roughing the passer. I know that you need to play until the whistle, but how come no one mentioned that it should have been a sack!? Am I in my own world here? What ever happened to protecting the QB?

Ladies and Gentleman, I thought that the Giants season was saved today. At 21-0, I was thinking, awesome the third shutout in the NFL today. Twenty-four points later, I may not watch another Giants Game.

Rutgers holds their fate in their own hands. To win AT West Virginia is tough! Handing a top-20 team its second loss in a row with the Big East Championship on the line – MUCH tougher! BUT - I believe!

So my schedule Saturday will be: Rutgers to see Immaculata vs. Delbarton, 2:00 followed by Wayne Hills vs. Parsippany Hills at 5. Then Rutgers-WVU at 8:00 – right now it will be on ESPN at 8:00 p.m. A Rutgers win, and they win outright; Rutgers losses and Louisville losses and RU wins … BUT … RU losses and Louisville wins, 2nd place my friends. Not only that, No way can they be a BCS Bowl. Rutgers would need Louisville to lose and win big at WVU to get that bid.

I was pretty sure that Michigan should be #2. After what we all saw last night, USC do what they wanted vs. a great ND team … umm … yeah … USC deserves a shot at Ohio St. UCLA beat Oregon St. – so there is a still a chance for rain on USC’s parade. This is the year of raining on college football parades … ISN’T IT?

1 comment:

The Coach said...

Yes Coach. 300 wins in any sport is amazing, but to do so in football is an even greater feat. Despite New Providence being a few miles away for good ole Morris County, a 300th victory is an outstanding accomplishment; one shared by every N.P. player who participated throughout the decades.