Friday, December 29, 2006

Friday!

It’s been a fun vacation! Spending long days at wrestling tournaments, watching back to back Hoops at Mendham … Watching Rutgers dominate! Heading to Morris Hills for the traditional Christmas Tournament Niemann sighting! Like I said it’s been a fun few days. The place to be should be Delbarton where bragging rights and the #1 seed in the MCT are at stake. How about those Morris Hills Boys winning the Belvidere Tournament with a convincing 70-55 victory over the host team? How about Kinnelon with a big tie against Mo-Beard in Hockey?


In case you did not get a chance to read it:


Joe Hofmann’s coverage of the Parsippany Tournament.

Joe Hofmann’s coverage of the Lenape Valley Tournament


Many people have gone out of their way to thank me for the blog, or told me that they have been enjoying reading it. To all of you reading it, I say thank you, and spread the word. Like I had previously mentioned, I have enjoyed being at a few places this week; unfortunately, I cannot get to more places. But I did get to see a few friends and friendly faces the past week. When I first started coaching, Ned Panfile from Mendham was always a great mentor. I was happy to hear that Coach Panfile and his wife gave birth to twins in early September. Congratulations! Also at Mendham, I was lucky enough to hang with Sean Reilly, Mark Kitchen, and Mt. Olive coach Lee Clowers. Fun times with Joe Hofmann at Lenape and Parsippany. But the best guy I met all week was a honorary official at Lenape named Mike! Mike was on top of every match he worked and had fun all day. This had to be a long day for this young man, but he was there for every match from start to finish. It was my pleasure to meet the young man!

Many of you are faithful readers of the blog, but do not forget the website:

www.MorrisCountyHSsports.net


See you at Morris Hills tonight at 6 pm!


No comments: