Saturday, November 25, 2006

R-You ready?

The winter season started yesterday. There will be a nice dormant period before previews start in all local media.

Today, we’ll be rooting for Rutgers. 12:00 today. Don’t tell me that you gave up the Rutgers hype because they lost one game? Do not be a band wagon fan.

I was watching ESPN yesterday when Miami fired their coach. Everyone knew it was time. Both the AD and the coach handled the interview with class. I had a bad, bad feeling in my stomach. Not the one I've had all week with this flu thing ... but that one you get when you know something is wrong. I am going to string agree with an article I read in the Star Ledger today - Coach Schiano needs to just tell everyone right now, "I am staying." Otherwise, you may see a dream season go south quick. BTW - Miami should not get a bowl bid. The bid vs. Boston College was a nice one and one that would secure a bid for any team, BUT NOT THIS ONE! The fight vs. Florida International should secure they will be watching TV in December and January. In case you were wondering, Fla. International is 0-10 on the season with 2 games to play ... what was their punishment?

Lee Corso, on ESPN, just said the Big-East plays no-one out of conference. He stated that the Big East has only beat one top team that is not in the Big East. Good Stats, BUT … I am just curious … who does the Big 12 teams like Ohio St., Michigan,

Most of us will be watching USC-Norte Dame. 8:00 tonight. Time to root for USC!

Here’s why:

I hate Michigan, I do! But they deserve to be #2 more than anyone else. They played punch for punch with the best team in the land.

COUNTER-POINT: USC plays the toughest out of conference schedule, but they still lost to Oregon St. Oregon ST. is 8-3 and not a top 20 team.

I am not saying Notre Dame should be there, but after last week, Michigan and Ohio St. are the two best teams in the land. Remember, Michigan pounded ND in South Bend.

Weiss is a Jersey guy. Boonton in 1979; Morristown 1980-84. Plus NY Giants in 1990-92. Nuff said!!

No comments: