Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Tuesday's notes

I am always the first to complain that the season starts too early. Mother Nature made me eat my words … it was a great opening day weather-wise in Morris.

Even better, Coach Carchietta finished 2nd in two NCAA pools (obviously for fun). I am still very upset with UNC and their ultimate CHOKE! But then again, they win and maybe I do not finish in the top 3. It still annoyed the heck out me.

Hopefully, you like the new look MCHSS.net. We shortened the name, so you can get there easier. We added Video and Photo highlights. We have partners in photography and video, in addition to the pics/movies taken by the staff. We actually have a staff! Something I did not anticipate until September. But don’t be happy for me … NO … be happy for the kids. We’ll be able to get more publicity to the student athlete and dedicate our site to promoting high school athletes in a positive manner.

I am sure that you have read the papers, so there is no need for me to go around the horn and touch-on every game. One thing for sure, look for the lacrosse scores to start dominating the sports pages. More schools have picked up the sport. Morris Knolls (boys) played their first varsity game, a 13-4 loss to Cranford. Morris Catholic (girls) took the field for the first time at the Varsity level, a 18-9 loss to Verona.

Baseball: It was not easy to gauge where to put Jefferson and Pequannock in the ranking. Even so, both teams started off with well, Pequannock with a quality win over Blair and Jefferson putting up 11 on Newton.

In case you haven’t seen it yet, The Coach was at Dover for Madison’s 5-4 victory over the Tigers. You can see coverage at: MCHSS.net.

With the forecast looking bleak for the rest of the week, The Coach wanted the staff out and about today. Dave Roberts will be covering Whippany Park and Madison in Tennis. The schedule is thin and most games are away. The Coach is stumped. Maybe Boonton or West Morris (Boys Lax), although I would prefer two Morris teams. Maybe Jefferson and Sparta girls lax … it maybe a last minute decision.

Here's your weather forcast: Morristown Weather Forecast, NJ


No comments: