Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year

Go look at the website: http://www.morriscountyhssports.net/

I may have been the first to Rag about Boise St. being in a Bowl this deep in day. I was right there complaining about their schedule. I was even more upset the “prime time” 8:00 game was Boise St. and Oklahoma and not the game for pre-season #1, Nebraska-USC.

But I just watched the best game in the history of college football. This game tops last year’s Texas victory; it tops so many other games I could keep listing. But, to watch this entire game and see the little guy look at a loss with only a minute left and come back with a few of the best plays in the bag, executed to perfection.

ESPN’s Box Score

CNN’s Box Score

Quick note: CNN uses Stats.com. When I was a senior in college, I had noticed a job ad on AOL from Stats.com. The job looked very, very interesting to me and something that I would have loved to do for a living. The company was very small at the time, about 5 or 6 employees and growing. After specking with one of the executives from stats.com, I had realized that I would have to move to the Chicago, Illinois area. That memory had been hidden somewhere in my files until tonight when I was saw their logo on the bottom of CNN.com



No comments: